Friday, December 11, 2009

Who is Miss K?

My previous blog started when I had trouble conceiving my first child. After about a year of trying we consulted an RE. My husband checked out just fine, but I had some minor hormone imbalances. My progesterone levels were too low and my prolactin was elevated. Before more testing could be done, I became pregnant with my son, L. With progesterone support, I delivered a healthy baby boy on February 25, 2008. We were ecstatic!

When L was about 8 months old, we got the shock of our lives: I was pregnant. Because I wasn't expecting to get pregnant so easily, my progesterone issues reared its ugly head and I had to go back to the RE for aggressive progesterone support. After a lot of progesterone and zofran, I delivered a healthy baby girl, E, on June 15, 2009.

I have received a lot of support and encouragement from the IF community and I am proud to say that I am a part of this group of men and women who struggle with something that is often misunderstood by general society. My struggle to conceive was not monumental and there are many others who have gone/are going through hell to have children. My experience has given me a reason to appreciate each day I have with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment